Question about mining

I want to solve a higher level of difficulty quiz.

Because my already recorded mining sighash is changed to someone else’s.
(For a few days straight.)

I think even if sighash is already on the record, if there’s a miner who’s solved a higher level of difficulty, he’ll be rewarded.

Q1.
How can I get a higher level of difficulty quiz or how can I set it up?

Q2.
why changed already recorded miner(sighash)?
(I know it’s a fork. But is there a fixed miner whose fork doesn’t happen?Probably not, But why is there always a fixed miner who takes a lot?)

The new PoW solver does this for you already. Check question Questions about mining script for an interesting discussion.

The best you can do in this 1.7 update is to make sure your node has many peers at all times so that your node is in sync with the tip at all times. I recommend making sure there’s always at least one peered connection to a Gluwa’s Node, and use the endpoint /peers to make sure your network is healthy, if it gets unresponsive, restart your node immediately, also activate the verbose flags -vv and look continuously for ‘claimed’ logs, meaning that your node is actively publishing new blocks. If any of the above looks odd, restart your node. it may be also possible that the network difficulty gets too high for your system in which case you wont see blocks being claimed too often but, you should still see logs coming from the consensus and the publisher.

1 Like

I always admire your kind and quick response.
I’ll post a new question. Thank you so much for your reply and attention.

Q1.
Does the solver rely only on cpu performance?

Q2.
Can I change the mining settings at will?

Q3.
Is the miner who solved the harder quiz retakes the already recorded sighash?

Q4.
I’m always monitoring to find good peers. and then, I found a good peer and went on the miner record. But the record quickly changes to that of another miner.
Why does this phenomenon persist?

A1. Yes.

A2. What do you mean? Yes? As long as you don’t break the current SOLVER_PERF/SOLVER_PRIM and publisher/auxPublisher interaction.

A3. No, it will sign again the block, resulting in a different sighash id and thus, having to update the next candidate block to update the previous block id. We are working on improving networking. Right now, the network itself is not as stable as we would like it to. the networking issue limit the amount of peers nodes can have thus, many small clusters are formed. These clusters have different forks and can change rapidly every time the network topology changes. Once, the network is more robust there will be fewer isolated clusters and forking will fall under the 60 confirmation blocks or less.