The block difficulty is adjusted(-1 ~ +1) every 10 & 100 block.
Most of all block difficulties were changed as intended like that.
If the SOLVER_PERF succeeded to refine first nonce.
The block difficulty is likely to be increased by more than 1.
But I could find only a few real case as following in the block explorer.
Lessons from the real result:
- It is hard to the SOLVER_PERF to find better nonce?
- There is no need to find better nonce. If SOLVER_PRIME founds first nonce. It is enough to mine a new block.
- SOLVER_PERF’s hidden intention is consuming miner’s hash power?
- Is the first nonce recorded only in the block chain?
In spite of receiving better nonces sent by SOLVER_PERF.
In the mining code,
Solvers send valid nonce with given difficulty instead of actual difficulty of sha256 digest.
I think it is intended to manage block difficulty. Right?
If difficulty 20 quiz is given to two miners.
- Miner#1 found nonce, it’s actual difficulty is 30.
- Miner#2 found nonce, it’s actual difficulty is 21.
Miner #1 & #2 sent the their own nonce to network at the same time.
How to chioce the best nonce?
- Is the actual digest considered?
- If Miner#2 will mint new block. Miner#1 will be
If a lucky miner founds a 35 difficulty nonce.
While quiz difficulty was just 25.
Finally, the lucky miner minted a new block.
The lucky miner found 35 difficulty nonce again for next block.
And the nonce was accepted.
So, the lucky miner minted 2 blocks(35 difficulty) in a row.
In this case,
Peers connected to the lucky miner will fork(change) their head block to the lucky’s one.
- blocks of lucky : 35-35-25(common head)-24-24
- blocks of peers : 25-25-25(common head)-24-24
- Because lucky’s block difficulty is much higher :
2^35 + 2^35 > 2^25 + 2^25
But the next block will be very hard(difficulty 35) to mint to most miners w/o any lucky.
The other peers not connected to the lucky miner,
will continue minting blocks with 24 ~ 26 difficulty.
(They are genuine lucky miners?)
The lucky miners and peers will not fork their chains
until the other chain(maybe main chain) aheads their chain by more than 2048 blocks. Right?
- 2^35 + 2^35 = 2^25 * 2048
How to save lucky miners and peers from the orphan chain before 2048 minutes passes?