Forks never healed

My node forked from main nodes(creditcoin explorer) 2~3 days ago. This fork is still ahead about 100 blocks. The difficulty(35~38) is higher than main nodes(33~36).

I checked some object calls ‘compare_fork’ method. It returns ‘false’. But works in same fork well.

What can I do? Should I remove my volumes for attaching main nodes?

I will share my snapshot.

Date: 21/08/22
Height: 890301
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:NPL7XHFGVFBVWRJLN5IDHDCUS72R6CBH&dn=CTC_Snapshot_210822_045754.tar.gz&xl=133911438901

How are we supposed to consume your snapshot? logs work best. Cannot tell what’s going on without the verbose logs.

#clean stored _data
rm -r /var/lib/docker/volumes/server_validator-block-volume/_data/

#unzip. this takes about 40 minutess

tar xzvf {snapshot directory}/CTC_Snapshot_210822_045754.tar.gz -C /var/lib/docker/volumes/server_validator-block-volume/

# move directory

cd /var/lib/docker/volumes/server_validator-block-volume/

mv var/lib/docker/volumes/server_validator-block-volume/_data/ ./

# remove empty directory in /var/lib/docker/volumes/server_validator-block-volume/
rm -r var

I meant what was this magnet uri, it looks to me like a torrent file. I assume your node is not following the same node cluster as the main nodes. Try swapping peers periodically. Try to keep it connected to at least 5 peers at all times. check the fork depth again and make sure it is not growing. If you notice any hash mismatch logs coming from a block in a the official chain you may have to load the latest official snapshot.

This magnet is a snapshot taken from my forked node. I was wondering if you could tell me if there are any errors in this snapshot. My node has 5 peers connected.
How to check hash mismatch logs?

After turning on the -vv option, I filtered with ‘mismatch’ keyword, but no log.

I think this is a critical issue. At least half, up to 80% of the hash power is running on another fork.

1 Like

If there aren’t any hash mismatches, I suggest alternating peers. We are working on a better networking solution atm and it is scheduled to land with the next release.

2 Likes